Failures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failures Guild Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cherry

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) Empty
PostSubject: Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com)   Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Okay I thought I've seen hackers and scammers trying to copy sites and/or valid emails to scam us and/or steal our information but this seems to be one of the worst in the bunch.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10039974-83.html

Apparently there is an underground group distributing hacking tool which creates websites that looks almost identical to the actual Youtube pages, which actually can be set to install viruses and/or trojans and other nasty stuff on your computer.

Also on another story, be careful if you see a prompt on your computer saying Antivirus XP or something along that line. It's a virus !!! A friend of mine was browsing around using IE 7 and got hit with this virus. It was truly nasty virus, though so far as far as I know as long as you didn't let the fake "Antivirus XP" program run there would be no damage done to your computer. Took me several hours helping her clean the computer.
Back to top Go down
xcloudx42

xcloudx42

Male Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com)   Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 4:31 am

come over and clean my comp please :/
Back to top Go down
https://failures.forumakers.com/index.htm
MrDERP

MrDERP

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: LULZ   Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:13 pm

Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) Lulz10
o lord, is dis some win?
Back to top Go down
Azeo

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: LULZ   Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:13 pm

Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) Lulz10
o lord, is dis some win?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com)   Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com) Empty

Back to top Go down

Be Careful if you get a Youtube link ! (Make sure it's really www.youtube.com)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Failures :: Non Maplestory :: General Talk-
Jump to: