Failures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failures Guild Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Duplicate Hacks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xcloudx42

xcloudx42

Male Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 8:24 pm

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1409960

Hmm... this is worse than what cindy found
Back to top Go down
https://failures.forumakers.com/index.htm
cherry

Number of posts : 168

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:11 am

xcloudx42 wrote:
http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1409960

Hmm... this is worse than what cindy found

Awww those blokes in SW removed the post ... anyway what was it?
Back to top Go down
Lp
Admin
Lp

Male Number of posts : 102
Ign: : LpSmackedup
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:19 am

If you read all the posts in that thread, it seems to turn into a bunch of bs. The guy that is supposed to be able to dupe is saying that the ImFM guy is sore about something and just edited this pick to kill his name. Another thing is, it doesn't seem like anyone in Sleepywood really questions the screens that are posted there, but rather just accept it to be true. Maybe it is true, but honestly, I don't think it will get far enough to where we'll ever find out.
Back to top Go down
https://failures.forumakers.com
cherry

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:51 am

Oh I think I know what thread Danny linked to ... I sort of saw it yesterday too.
And yea I'm quite certain that the screeny is 100% true, especially after reading about the packet editor hack being leaked to the public.

Darn those noob script kiddies and their selfish attitude.
Back to top Go down
Lp
Admin
Lp

Male Number of posts : 102
Ign: : LpSmackedup

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:09 am

Alright so all this mess seems to support that it's true. I still stand behind my Sleepywood comment though.
Back to top Go down
https://failures.forumakers.com
cherry

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 am

Last post before I hug my pillow for the next few hours.

I wonder actually what if these crazy lags is actually caused by people trying out the packet hacking? I mean those pg hackers have been around for several days right ... and the crazy lags only started like what ... just Friday night I believe. Which I think was just about the time when that packet editor hack was released out to the public.

Beside lets think of it this way ... the hack that those noob use are more or less the same as the old hack that exist last year, the one that you can hit anything in the map, and also use item vac to grab everything ... but back then I remember that I never lag at all, if anything it was just hard to get map and that was that. This hack is in some way similar in nature to that hack, although instead of relying on your character's attacking skill, it use the Power Guard skill to cause the damage. So in that sense it should not be able to cause the crazy dmg. I mean even with mage's ultimates, the lag is only because of the animation not because of the number of monsters being hit as far as I can tell.

Also if you know about DDoS attacks, what they do is flood the target with gazillion number of packets which in turn overwhelm the server to the point that it can't process any valid information. Which in many way is what the packet editor hack actually do, if some noob is testing out stuff (which essentially is sending garbage packets out to the server), and do it often enough (say like 100x per second or so), that would be enough to kill the server and cause the crazy lags.

Hmm I guess this all make sense now ... the lag ... the packet editor ... I only wonder what Nexon will do next.
Back to top Go down
cherry

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:37 am

Okay so the server check do crap all ... in fact those noob script kiddies are gloating how they can still hack away freely.
I don't know yet about the packet editor hack, since well not too many people willing to say much about it.

By the way if anyone is playing since the server check last night, how is the server now?
I just read some stuff in SW forum, and seems like the server is still laggy.
Back to top Go down
Dagger1xX

Dagger1xX

Male Number of posts : 187
Ign: : Xxdagger1xX

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 1:32 pm

well i didnt lag before the server check and now its super laggy im gonna play another game for a day to see if its still laggy after Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
cherry

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Well I just saw a screeny in SW forum ... apparently in Bellocan there is a hacker crackdown going.
And one hacker in Windia says he just got banned.

Btw ... if anyone thinking of hacking ... don't even try ... they're handing out permanent bans from the look of things. Beside if I see anyone suspiciously go up in rank like crazy ... we'll make sure everyone in the guild track you down to make sure your lvl up is indeed genuine.

And Gavin, try channel surf, that helped me during the weekend, usually there is one or more channel that is less laggy than others. The first few channels (except ch.1 though) is usually good, I was training good in ch.4 for several hours yesterday.

Edit: By the way, according to some hackers, the item dupe hack has been patched with the server check, and so does some of the packet editing hacks. Hopefully that sort of clear up that end of the problem.

Oh and a GM says (in one screeny) that they are working on the PG hack problem. But well we know how long that could mean ... so don't put your hopes up too high.
Back to top Go down
Dagger1xX

Dagger1xX

Male Number of posts : 187
Ign: : Xxdagger1xX

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duplicate Hacks   Duplicate Hacks EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:36 am

hey uhh show me the screenie?
Back to top Go down
Azeo

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Duplicate Hacks Empty
PostSubject: LULZ   Duplicate Hacks EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Duplicate Hacks Lulz10
o lord, is dis some win?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duplicate Hacks Empty