Failures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failures Guild Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crazy Legal System

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Myern

Myern

Male Number of posts : 5
Ign: : Myern
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Crazy Legal System Empty
PostSubject: Crazy Legal System   Crazy Legal System EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 2:02 pm

A 43-year-old Japanese piano teacher found herself in jail after viciously murdering her ex-husband...in MapleStory. According to reports, the woman's virtual, big-headed anime husband suddenly divorced her in mid-May, which lead to her logging on with the 33-year-old man's username and password and deleting his character. When the man discovered the death of his character, he called the police. The alleged virtual murderer has now been jailed for suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, which could carry a five-year prison sentence or a fine of up to $5,000.

Quote :
"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

http://kotaku.com/5067773/japanese-woman-jailed-after-killing-virtual-husband

Hooray for the legal system!
Back to top Go down
xJenjenzz

xJenjenzz

Female Number of posts : 330
Ign: : xJenjenz
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Crazy Legal System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Legal System   Crazy Legal System EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Ahaha.

This is a "definitely send to friend" thing.

[:
Back to top Go down
xJenjenzz

xJenjenzz

Female Number of posts : 330
Ign: : xJenjenz
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Crazy Legal System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Legal System   Crazy Legal System EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:44 pm

OHH and my ex-crush and I were talking today.. and he saw this

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/online-divorcee-jailed-after-killing-virtual-hubby/1259111

LOL <_<
Back to top Go down
Dagger1xX

Dagger1xX

Male Number of posts : 187
Ign: : Xxdagger1xX
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Crazy Legal System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Legal System   Crazy Legal System EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 1:04 pm

lol who would tell the police about someone who deleted their character?
Back to top Go down
cherry

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Crazy Legal System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Legal System   Crazy Legal System EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Well actually after reading a few somewhat different "perspectives" of the story. I sort of understood the situation a bit better.
In the end it actually come down to well the woman hacking (or "using" if they share the account) the men's account and deleting his data (his character in this case).

However as mentioned ... I wonder how high of lvl the guy's char is, I mean if he's that attached to the char that he even bothered reporting the incident to the police and stuff. And I seriously wonder what kind of reaction do the police have when the guy reported the incident.

But yea I guess in the end the punishment does seem a bit "severe", even though it could be said that this is a case of "property theft and destruction".
Back to top Go down
xcloudx42

xcloudx42

Male Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Crazy Legal System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Legal System   Crazy Legal System EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 10:38 am

stupid japs
Back to top Go down
https://failures.forumakers.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

Crazy Legal System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Legal System   Crazy Legal System Empty

Back to top Go down

Crazy Legal System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Failures :: Non Maplestory :: General Talk-
Jump to: